Our program is available to families within Deception Bay, Moreton Downs, Rothwell or Mango Hill area who have children under 18 years and experiencing a crisis.
We work under the principles of a ‘fair go’, offer strengths based and development approaches for families who access the service. We work to assist families in reaching their desired goals by breaking down barriers and building on pre-existing strengths.
To enquire about assistance please call 07 3204 2022 or come into the neighbourhood centre.
Support available includes:
- Crisis Counselling
- Advocacy (i.e. housing, service providers)
- Family and child support
- Family household management skills
- Self esteem/ confidence
- Individual advocacy
- Social connections/ activities
- Personal support
- Links to internal/external services
The Outreach Families Program provides access to a wide range of supportive services and activities to enable participants to participate fully in the life of their community.
What families can expect from the Outreach Families Program:
- Respect for you and your family
- Non Judgemental support
- Confidentiality of information
- Timely access. flexible, relevant and responsive service provision
- A friendly and supportive service
The Outreach Families workers, are also involved in school holiday program and weekly children’s activities. These include:
- Harmony Hip Hop dance group
- Expressions drama group
- DBNC Choir
To enrol your child in these activities, please call the Neighbourhood Centre on 07 3204 2022 or view our Facebook events page for dates and times.