Deception Bay Neighbourhood Centre Immunisation Calendar for 2017:
Immunisations occur monthly on a Tuesday from 9:30am – 11:45am.
- Tuesday, 14th November
- Tuesday, 12th December
- Tuesday, 9th January 2018
Community immunisation clinics
Council operates immunisation clinics at locations across the region on a rotational basis. Vaccinations on the National Immunisation Schedule are available free of charge. The following vaccines are also available for purchase:
- Diphtheria-Tetanus-Pertussis (whooping cough)
- Hepatitis B (adult)
- Hepatitis A & B combination
- Varicella (chickenpox)
National Immunisation Schedule Expansion from July 1, 2017
All 10 to 19 year olds are eligible for free catch up vaccines through the National Immunisation Program from July 1, 2017. In addition, refugees and other humanitarian entrants aged 20 years and over are eligible for free catch up vaccines. Please see the frequently asked questions for details on which vaccines are included.
Attending a Council clinic
- No appointment is necessary.
- Baby vaccinations: please bring your child’s health record book (red book) and Medicare card.
- Other vaccinations: please bring your Medicare card
- Please be aware that after you receive your vaccination, you will be required to wait for 15 minutes.
- If purchasing a vaccine, you can pay on the day with either credit card or cash.
- For minimum time intervals for vaccines, please refer to the frequently asked questions