This course is designed for families to assist them in everyday parenting. It is aimed at developing a better understanding of the parenting relationships and at promoting the development of positive relationships.
In a relaxed manner, the course includes:
- Knowing and understanding what you bring to parenting
- Understanding child development, attachment and behaviour
- Core concepts in building attachment and the importance of providing a ‘secure base’
- Managing behaviours through relationship
- Parenting styles
- Communication skills in parenting
At the completion of the course participants should have an enhanced understanding of what they bring to the parenting relationship and an understanding of a parenting approach that promotes lasting family relationships.
The course runs for 6 weeks.
People who have completed the course have said:
“Thanks so much – Parenting From the Inside Out has helped me deal with so much. It has made me grow as a person.”
“This course helps to see the underlying reason for children’s behaviour.”
“I highly recommend it – every parent should do it.”
For future course dates and times please enquire at the Neighbourhood Centre at reception or call on 3204 2022.