Let the DollarSmart Program assist you by building your financial resilience
The DollarSmart Program is available for individuals and families in the Deception Bay to Redcliffe areas who need assistance with household finances. We can assist by:
- Providing budget support
- Holding free financial educational workshops
- Assist with building skills to decrease financial stress
- Facilitating weekly group sessions to enhance and improve household finances
- Assist in getting control of your finances with one on one case management support
Support available includes:
- Provide information on where to go to access financial assistance
- Referral to other services including legal, tax help
- One on One case management support for building better finances
- Advocating with creditors regarding payment plans
- Emergency relief (appointment only)
- Volunteer Champions to support/mentor individuals
- After hours service delivery
- Show you ways to shop and cook on a budget
- Help you to develop skills in managing your money
Enables people who are experiencing financial hardship and difficulty managing limited income to build their financial resilience.
One on one case management support so you can take control of your finances, by working with you to identify strategies to minimise financial stress.
Weekly Support Group
Meet on a regular basis to learn/exchange ways in which you can “get more bang for your buck” for example, cheap/healthy meals, how to be money smart.
Clients get the benefit of skilled volunteers to mentor them in their quest for financial resilience.
Individuals who want to work towards financial resilience, whether young or old, single or have a family, this service will assist you.
NOVEMBER & DECEMBER
Wondering where your money goes?
Find out HERE!
Come to the Woodside Community Hall for a fun and informative time learning new ways to budget your money.
For people on low incomes, paying for essential goods and services is often a struggle, and the effects of on going basic household costs without reprieve can be huge.
- Without a fridge you can’t store fresh food;
- Without a computer kids can be left behind at school;
- If you can’t afford the apprenticeship course, education can stall before it even begins.
The No Interest Loan Scheme offers people on low incomes safe, fair and affordable loans for fridges, washing machines and furniture, as well as education and medical expenses.
ELECTRICITY & ENERGY SAVING
TIPS ON HOW TO SAVE $
The subject of saving electricity is becoming bigger and bigger each day due to extraordinary energy bills caused by rapid changes in lifestyles. People want to make their homes as comfortable, entertaining and aesthetic as possible by installing heating and cooling systems, buying heavy appliances and fitting lighting systems that suck up a lot of energy. With the rising costs and shrinking economy more and more people are acting responsible and searching for reasonable ways to save electricity.
PREPARE TO BE INSPIRED
This workshop explores organisations that spread the cheer by uplifting individuals in our Community that need assistance with general house hold furnishings including white goods, furniture moving all the way through to sanitary items for woman.
Prepare to be inspired by the wonderful organisations that you will be introduced to at this workshop including GIVIT & Share the Dignity.